Uber is active in more than 858 cities in 84 countries. Established less than a decade ago, the rapid growth of this ridesharing company can be attributed to the fact that people are always looking for more convenient and affordable transportation.
Unfortunately, the growth of Uber has coincided with a spike in collisions involving Uber vehicles. If you sustained injuries in an Uber accident, you’re probably wondering who is liable for the resulting damages.
Because there may be several insurance policies in play after an Uber crash, filing a successful claim can be challenging without the help of an Uber accident attorney. A personal injury lawyer can answer your questions in a free consultation and help you determine the most strategic way to proceed.
Below, we’ve answered a few of the most frequently asked questions about Uber car accident claims:
- Can I Sue Uber Following a Collision?
Uber drivers are independent contractors, not employees. That means the people who are injured in these crashes cannot hold Uber liable for the negligence of its drivers; however, you may have grounds for a claim against the at-fault motorist or another liable party.
- What Should I Do If I’m Hurt in an Uber Accident?
Regardless of whether you were riding as the passenger in an Uber car, operating your own vehicle, cycling, or walking, there are specific steps you should take immediately following an accident involving an Uber driver. These steps include:
- Calling the police;
- Photographing the wreck from multiple angles;
- Getting the names, phone numbers, and insurance information of all the motorists involved;
- Getting the names and contact information of any passengers and eyewitnesses;
- Seeking medical care as soon as possible;
- Tracking all costs associated with treating your injuries;
- Photographing the progression of any visible injuries; and
- Calling an attorney once your health stabilizes.
- What Kinds of Damages Might Be Recoverable in an Uber Accident Claim?
The damages you might be able to recover after an Uber accident will depend on the facts surrounding your case. These damages may include:
- Ambulance fees;
- Hospital bills;
- Ongoing medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Lost benefits;
- Property damage;
- Other accident-related expenses;
- Scarring and disfigurement;
- Emotional distress;
- Pain and suffering; and
- Loss of companionship.
Call 800-770-7008 Today to Discuss Your Claim with a Car Accident Attorney in Minneapolis
The car accident lawyers at Bradshaw & Bryant understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a catastrophic injury can take on both you and your family. During such a stressful time, you should not have to worry about navigating complicated legal proceedings alone.
By letting us handle the logistics of your case, you can focus on your health while your claim proceeds in good hands. Call 320-259-5414 today or use our Online Contact Form to set up a free consultation with an Uber accident lawyer in Minneapolis.
A founding partner with Bradshaw & Bryant, Mike Bryant has always fought to find justice for his clients—knowing that legal troubles, both personal injury and criminal, can be devastating for a family. Voted a Top 40 Personal Injury "Super Lawyer" multiple years, Mr. Bryant has also been voted one of the Top 100 Minnesota "Super Lawyers" four times.