After a car crash injury, there are some important things you need to know. These articles will explain your rights in Minnesota.
- Almost everyone hurt in a Minnesota crash has a right to No-Fault (or PIP) Benefits.
- Anyone, regardless of fault.
- At least $40,000 Coverage:
- You’re still covered if your crash happens outside Minnesota.
- If the crash was caused by someone else, you have the right to recover additional compensation depending on the type and seriousness of the injury.
- You have coverage if an uninsured motorist causes the injury.
- You have add-on coverage if an underinsured motorist caused you injury.
- You have property damage rights.
Some people get confused or even angry because it’s usually their own car insurance policy that pays these benefits. There’s nothing to worry about; it’s the law and the insurer can’t raise your rates for making a no-fault claim.
Check back here to learn about these rights:
As a partner with Bradshaw & Bryant, Joe Crumley has over 30 years experience helping injured people and their families to secure just and fair compensation. Excelling in personal injury litigation, Mr. Crumley has secured numerous record-setting verdicts and settlements and won accolades such as MTLA’s “Trial Lawyer of the Year” and “Excellence” Awards.