A children’s building toy has been recalled due to a possible hazard. The defective toy is the Mag Stix Magnetic Building Sets. The toy is manufactured by Kipp Brothers. The recall was issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
The company says the magnets can fall out and be swallowed which could cause a fatal intestinal blockage. The Mag Stix Magnetic Building Sets were on sale from september 2005 through March of 2006.
A child was killed after playing with and swallowing a similar toy. The recalled toy can be returned for a full refund. More information can be found at www.kipptoys.com.
For more information on this subject, please refer to our section on Defective and Dangerous Products.