The death toll from the 35W Bridge collapse in Minneapolis has now been raised to five. Rescue workers are slowly going through the wreckage to find victims. There are eight people missing and feared dead in the collapse.
More bodies had been spotted in the fast-moving currents, which were “even more treacherous” today than a day earlier, Hennepin County Sheriff Rich Stanek said.
Fourteen people were at Hennepin County Medical Center, where most of the victims were taken, with five of them still in critical condition, spokeswoman Kathy Roberts said today.
Rescue workers are facing dangerous conditions to recover the bodies. 79 people were injured when the bridge collapsed on Wednesday evening.
For more information on this subject, please review our section on the Minneapolis Bridge Collapse.